Saturday, September 12, 2015

I broke my preferred cup, now I spill everything

Ok, so I have this cup that I've been using for quite a while now as primary cup and I accidentally knocked it onto the floor and it broke.

I'm going to try to glue it back together and see if I can get/finagle a watertight seal, but until then I can't use it.

I didn't realize how used to the cup I was.  I could fill it up without looking.  I could fill it up in the dark.

It was a big cup.

Now when I go to pour myself a drink it over-tops and stuff gets spilled all over the floor (and my hand, and sometimes my feet.)  If I remember to pay special attention that doesn't happen, but I'd say at least once a day I end up spilling a bunch of drink on the floor because the amount I'm used to pouring is too much to fit into my non-broken cups.

1 comment:

  1. It's weird how thoroughly integrated a thing can become into our habits.

    Sorry about the cup. :(

    ReplyDelete