Sunday, January 5, 2014

Now I am indeed begging for money

Ok, so, sometimes things don't go as planned.  Sometimes the furnace breaks down, sometimes tires explode, sometimes you decide to start on a new project and get overzealous in the purchasing raw materials phase, sometimes stuff happens, sometimes dentistry, sometimes education, sometimes you have a doctor's appointment coming up that you think your insurance covers but you're not sure, things fall apart; the centre cannot hold / mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

That stuff.

Also this month is when I take over the expenses of the house I live in directly rather than have a buffer-zone of "Well if costs go over the amount Chris is paying me, Chris is my child so I guess I can let it slide."

So I'm asking that if you can, and only if you can, and you think I have given you anything of value (which you have not previously donated to cover the value of) please use the donate button located to the upper right hand corner of the blog.

Thank you.

-
--
-

In the future if I find myself in a tight spot and want to try to use the blog for help I'd like to be able to make it be like a PBS/Kickstarter pledge drive: If you donate at X level I'll give you Y thing.  The trouble is that I don't have much in the way of things to give.

You can see some ideas for things here.  If any of them appeal to you send a note with your donation and I'll see what I can do.  If you have an idea of your own not mentioned there you can do the same, but I make no promises on that front.

Another thing I can do is bash two written works together (public domain only; I need to be able to get them in digital form) Redcrow seemed to like me doing A Book of Nonsense's structure with words from Through The Looking Glass.  If you want that then totally attach a note saying so and naming the works and I'll do it for you.  The down side is it might take some time because it requires recovering data off a broken laptop.  (A different broken laptop.  Every computer I have access to except the not-assembled not-used-in-forever-so-don't-know-for-sure Commodore 64 in the basement is broken in some way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment