Friday, October 18, 2013

The scene from The Last Battle if Edmund Got His Wish, Version 2

[Originally posted at Ana Mardoll's Ramblings.]
[The wish is from Voyage of the Dawn Treader: "and Edmund said he wished they could have gone to America with Susan."  Only after I wrote version 1 did I read that Ana wrote this: "you could take Edmund's wish to be with Susan as a desire to rebel against the Narnian Order and maybe even dabble in hellish lipsticks."  That's something I'd considered myself but not put in version 1.]

"Sir," said Tirian, when he had greeted all these. "If I have read the chronicles aright, there should be two more. Has not your Majesty two sisters and a brother? Where is Queen Susan and King Edmund?"
"My sisters Susan and Amy," answered Peter shortly and gravely, "are no longer friends of Narnia."
"Amy!" Jill spat. "Don't tell me he convinced you to call him that."
Eustace added, "Whenever you've tried to get them to come and talk about Narnia or do anything about Narnia, they say things like, 'What wonderful memories you have!' 'Fancy you still thinking about all those funny games we used to play when we were children,' and, 'Don't you remember we were supposed to seek Aslan in this world?'"
Jill said "They're interested in nothing nowadays except nylons and lipstick and invitations."
"And I've never seen Amy so happy, so shut up," Lucy said. "And we should all be grateful to Susan for bringing her such joy. None of us ever managed to do it, even Aslan couldn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment