Friday, November 25, 2011

Jesse in the Garden

[Originally posted at Slacktivist (page 4).]
[I did look at John 20, I just ignored it in its entirety after reading it.]
[A follow up to this.]

Jesse left the hospital intent on finding clothes and glasses, but was soon distracted. The garden in front of the hospital was a mess. The geraniums needed tending and several things had been planted too shallow and were no falling over for lack of support. She muttered, "For the love of..." and turned her attention to tending the garden, being careful to make sure she didn't end up exposing herself.

Replanting the various things wasn't the easiest thing to do by hand but the soil was loose enough.

She heard someone crying behind her and and realized it was Maggie. "What are you crying about?" she asked. But Maggie didn't recognize her and didn't respond. She stood up approached Maggie who had turned around, said, "Maggie," apologetically and touched her shoulder.

Maggie spun around and hugged her. "Easy there necrophiliac," Jesse said. Maggie didn't listen and they shared a long kiss.

"How is this possible?" Maggie asked.

"I was dead, now I'm not. These things happen."

"I must be losing my mind."

"Possible though that may be, I'm really here," Jesse wasn't quite sure how to approach the next topic. "And ... and I'm naked under this coat."

"That's fine with me."

"And I can't see," she tapped her temple, where her glasses should have been.* "I was hoping to grab the spare glasses I left at your house, and maybe steal some of your clothes."

"So you're really here."

"Yes."

"And you were really dead?"

"Seems that way."

"What happened?"

"It's complicated. And fuzzy."

"Are you back for good?"

"I don't think so. I think I'm back for a month. Or a month and a week. Or a month and a week and a day. Or a month and a week and a weekend."

-

* You know what the part of an eyeglass that's at your temple is called? A temple. "She touched her temple where her glasses' temple should have been," doesn't sound right at all.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment