Thursday, October 6, 2011

Edith and Ben - Eyecolor

[Originally posted at Ana Mardoll's Ramblings.]

"Do you wear contacts?" I asked her, not really thinking.

She smiled and said, "I'm glad you noticed. Sometimes I feel like I put all this thought into what color my eyes should be today and it's like they're invisible. No one ever seems to notice." She looked away for a moment, her tone dropped into a more tired place, "Which is probably why I'm down to two colors these days. I used to use all colors of the rainbow but now I just feel like, 'What's the point?'"

"So, what color are your eyes really?" I asked.

"Purple."

2 comments:

  1. Wow, an actual explanation that makes actual sense! So refreshing after the real Twilight.

    (J. Random Scribbler)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In many ways that's a big part of the idea behind Edith and Ben.

      Delete